Tax Reform 2.0 Is in the WorksBack to all blogs
- Tax Reform 2.0
- House Ways and Means Committee
- Talking Points
As with all tax legislation, it begins with talking points. From what we can gather, it appears the focus of Tax Reform 2.0 will include:
- Making the first round of individual and pass-through business deductions permanent.
- Focusing on retirement savings and creating a flexible universal savings account so individuals are accustomed to saving for retirement earlier in life.
- Making it easier for small businesses to participate in multi-employer retirement plans.
- Looking for ways to help the Treasury implement the TCJA.
- Providing new business start-ups with greater expensing options for start-up costs.
- Identifying technical corrections needed for the TCJA.
Stay tuned for further developments.